Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Free LiLo

I just had a nice phone chat with my old friend Bob.  Having a nice phone chat is not at all something in which I ordinarily indulge.  I just don’t take the time; there’s always something else to do.  Bob is retired, and during the summer, being a schoolteacher, so am I, in a way.  So I have more time to nourish my poor neglected friendships.

It was sweet to talk, sharing things we hadn’t in ages, especially as we wound down our conversation in a manner that has become our custom: working up a juvenile fantasy about the current crush object.

We’ve decided to form a Lindsay Lohan support group. That was Bob’s idea but I enthusiastically jumped on board, being a big fan of freckles.   I’ll skip the details; just say they betray our arrested development while lapping at the swill of mass media.

Let's see...What's next on the "To Do" list?

No comments: