Sunday, May 1, 2011

Pre-Surgery Prep

Early this afternoon I had my last solid food until after the surgery--sushi. Then, several hours later I chugged a small bottle of Magnesium Citrate, well-chilled.

I filled the in-between time by running up to Best Buy and getting a new modem for the house. This afternoon, the old one sputtered to the end of its five-year-old line, according to Qwest tech support.

I have no way to prove it, but believe I might give off a disruptive electrical charge that is especially evident during times of stress. For example, back in December, just after I got news that Mom was dying, our power went out, for no apparent reason. I think that's what happened to the old modem.

Back online, eating green jello now, appetizer for my chicken broth dinner. To be followed by red jello dessert, and then the first of two enemas. That joy broken up by a Chlorhexidine Gluconate sponge bath.

After midnight, "nothing further by mouth," advises my patient information sheet.

No comments: